Model of Care
Provide a unique model of care encourages anyone who provides support to a person with a mental illness or disorder, to reach out and access their services – no diagnosis or referral required with access to unlimited counselling sessions.
Providing accredited and professional counsellors that understand the difficulties that mental health carers face and will respond with compassion and respect, and ensure you get the right care at the right time to meet your individual needs.
- No cost, face to face counselling in a relaxed, safe and therapeutic environment
- Remote telephone and skype counselling, if you prefer
- Assistance to navigate Hunter New England mental health services
- Information on psychiatric illnesses
Attendance at workshops is via an expression of interest. To register your interest in attending a workshop call 02 4961 6717. We will confirm your availability to attend one week before the scheduled workshop.
Cost per workshop including light lunch, ARAFMI members $20, concession $10, non-members $30, concession $20.
Eligibility – If you provide support to a person who lives with mental illness you are welcome to attend our subsidised workshops. If you are employed to provide support to a person who lives with mental illness, then please contact our office to enquire about workshops tailored to your professional requirements. Cost per workshop including light lunch, ARAFMI members $20, concession $10, non-members $30, concession $20.
- Borderline Personality Disorder, 32 Brunker Road, Broadmeadow, 2292, 2nd Tuesday of the month 6.30 to 8.30pm
- Lakeside Private Hospital, Warners Bay, 3rd Thursday of the month 6.30 to 8.30pm
- Family Carer Connections, ISHMU James Fletcher Hospital, alternate Wednesday 5.30 to 6.30pm
Telephone and Carer Support
You may feel overwhelmed and isolated by your caring role. If so, reach out, debrief and chat with our trained peer support workers, or alternatively you may wish to register to receive a weekly wellbeing call.
Support line on 02 4961 6717 to make a counselling appointment, chat with a peer support worker or register your interest in attending a workshop or support group.
32 Brunker Rd
Broadmeadow NSW 2292