The Carer Line is staffed by experienced Carer Support Officers who offer emotional support, referrals, and distribute carer specific resources and information, to carers, service providers and community members.
The Carer Line is available 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday – 1800 242 636
Carer Support Officers can tell you about or refer you to:
- Local carer support groups
- Respite services
- Counselling services, including the National Carer Counselling Program
- Specific support programs including the Young Carer Program, Older Parent Carer Program and Better Start Program
- Disability or illness specific organisations
- Advocacy and legal services
- Home and Community Care services
- Education and training opportunities for carers and service providers.