Previously Alzheimer's Australia.
Dementia Australia is a member of Alzheimer's Disease International, the umbrella organisation of Dementia and Alzheimer's Associations around the world.
They advocate on the basis of evidence-based policy, promote awareness of dementia, administer national contracts with the Commonwealth Government and provide research grants to emerging researchers through the Dementia Australia Research Foundation(link is external).
Dementia Australia delivers national dementia programs and services funded by the Commonwealth, including:
- the National Dementia Helpline
- early intervention programs such Living with Memory Loss
- tha National Younger Onset Dementia Key Worker program
- Dementia and Memory Community Centres
- Carer support groups
- Education for family carers
- Public awareness activities
- a national resources program