Sugarvalley Neighbourhood Advancement Group Inc provides a safe, supportive environment where we offer services, opportunities and resources to give a sense of belonging and empowerment, by improving the lives of our community members.
Sugarvalley Neighbourhood Centre provides services such as:
- Information and referral to both individuals and groups.
- The Centre also provides resources, support and advocacy to individuals and groups.
- Free Tax Help service from July to 31 October each year.
- We provide services such as photocopying, laminating, use of fax machine and computer, access to the internet and use of other resources available.
- Seniors’ Broadband Kiosk
- Seniors’ lunch and social day the last Thursday of each month
- Playgroup Monday mornings
- We provide a newsletter 4 times per year.
- 2 mentoring programmes at the local high school twice a year for 10 weeks per time.
- We provide support, resume writing, job search and support with other agencies to youth.
- In conjunction with TAFE Outreach we provide various courses.
- We support approximately 14 of our local community groups with information, resources and advertising.
- Our Centre is involved with the Red Cross Personal Support & Community Recovery Sub-committee for Lake Macquarie and has been involved in several emergencies such as flood and fire.
Sugarvalley Neighbourhood Centre has a large Community hall that is available to the public to hire for functions, it holds 150 people and has a kitchen and full disability access.
65 Carrington Street
West Wallsend NSW 2286