Wesley McKenzie Newcastle forms part of the services offered by Wesley Mission to locals in the Newcastle area. An accommodation worker is based onsite and other counselling and services are provided through Community Housing.
We provide support to people in the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie who are experiencing financial hardship or who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
What we offer
As an early intervention service, Wesley McKenzie Newcastle provides:
- Support for financial hardship
- referral and advocacy support.
We tailor our support to meet individual needs, working in a variety of ways including:
- addressing short term financial needs through the provision of food parcels, grocery vouchers and utilities vouchers (EAPA).
- offering financial and budgeting advice
- providing brokerage support and assistance for significant one-off essential expenses related to homelessness
- providing information, advocacy and referrals for a range of community services.
Donating time, food and resources
Wesley McKenzie relies on the generous assistance of volunteers. We also welcome community donations to provide our clients with emergency food and financial hardship assistance.