Hunter Homeless Connect Day is where people who are experiencing homelessness, struggling, doing it tough, or are at risk of homelessness, will find a one-stop-shop of free services, activities, entertainment and stuff to take away, including:
- Legal and financial services: help with debt management, birth certificates, no-interest loans, free legal advice, tax help, tenant and consumer advice, and more.
- Housing and accommodation services: access to public and social housing providers, crisis accommodation, refuges, hostels, assistance for rough sleepers.
- A comprehensive Health Centre: immunisations, dental health, wound care, general health checks, mental health services, podiatry and much more.
- Family services: a place for parents to find out what’s going on and get information and support.
- An ‘Opportunities’ Centre: help to get a job – assistance with resumes, a live jobs board, real employers, clothing, education & training options, volunteering information and other ways to join in.
- FREE all day - hot food, entertainment, haircuts, pampering, activities, workshops, crafts, family photos, soccer; (limited amounts of) care packs, warm clothing, bedding, toiletries and more.
Location: Showground Exhibition Centre, Brown Rd, Broadmeadow