Westfield Local Heroes is a recognition and awards program that connects and enriches communities in Australia and New Zealand. The program discovers and celebrates individuals who make a positive impact on their local community and/or environment.
Westfield Local Heroes are nominated and voted for by their communities, with three finalists per Westfield centre each awarded a $10,000 grant for their affiliated organisation or group.
The program recognises and promotes community role models whose work or activities create positive benefit for others in one or more of the following ways:
- Nurturing a sense of belonging and inclusion
- Helping in times of community crisis
- Building community resilience
- Promoting positive health and wellbeing
- Improving access to community services and groups
- Protecting the local environment
The nomination portal will be open here from 18 February.